How to blackout text in screenshot
You will learn how to blackout text in a screenshot on Windows, Mac OS and Linux without installing any extra software.
- Open DataMask Editor by navigating to https://datamask.tech/editor/
- Drag and Drop a screenshot you want to blackout
- Select mask tool
- Choose blackout masking mode
- Click and drag over the screenshot area you want to blackout
- Click save icon in the top right area of the header to download modified screenshot
You can also follow the steps in a video format: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lQTwe7jhx3U
Alternatively add DataMask Editor shortcut to your desktop
DataMask Editor is a progressive web app and you can add a shortcut to your desktop for easy access in the future. You add the screenshot by clicking on a plus icon in the URL bar in Chrome browser.
Mask data before taking the screenshot
If you are taking many website screenshots, then consider using DataMask Pro browser extension. Extension enables masking website data before taking the screenshot and saves time editing after the fact.
Was this article useful?
Sorry to hear that. What question left unanswered?